One of the most pressing questions I get from prospective clients is about how to respond to a poor review on Google Places. Today I want to give out 6 successful business ideas on what to respond appropriately to a review you don’t like.
Opinions vary on the power or effect of bad reviews with some suggesting that 1 in 3 decide to buy from you based on reviews, while others say the percentage is buy google reviews more achieable. In any case, the business owner or general manager must pay attention to the online reviews they’re getting or sit and wonder why we’re not getting more customers.
Successful Business Ideas — Dealing with Negative Reviews
So let’s feel the successful business ideas I have for you on dealing with reviews.
1) First, I’d say to be nice. There is no downside to treating an unhappy customer with unusual kindness. The most important words you can say (or write in this case) is “I understand that something we’ve done has upset you”. This phrase will communicate clearly that you worry about them feelings.
2) Don’t take the comments personally or respond to them personally. They’re commenting about their experience with your business, so seek to treat the experience they had and move on. Don’t forget anytime you reply, you’re post is public and everyone can see it.
My third of 6 successful business ideas as it relates to Google Places reviews is:
3) Remember that feedback is useful. If you did not get alerted about a bad experience it’d be hard to name areas to improve your business’s interaction with customers. If you’ve made changes or improvements based on negative feedback, allow reviewer (and everyone else who reads it know).
4) Keep your reply short and to the point. The reviewer wants to know they have been heard. Future clients want to know you’re listening and engaging with paying customers. You don’t need a lot of words for that message to come through.
5) Thank people when planning on taking time to review. If they’re posting about a good experience, thank them for sharing. If the review is negative, thank them for bringing it to your attention so you can address and resolve the problem.
And the last of my 6 successful business ideas is…
6) Be a friend. Remember that people buy from people they know, like and trust. Google Places reviews is powerful in how it allows you to befriend them. Do this well and they’ll be a friend and customer for years into the future.